In this blogpost we will look at:
- Why you shouldn’t get your Amazon listing translated
- Problems we see with translated Amazon listings
- Who you should hire to write your listing
Don’t get your Amazon listing translated – sounds strange, right?
Well, what do I mean?
Get your listing written from scratch. Don’t get a word for word translation. You want someone to use your English product description as a resource/foundation and write it from scratch
Problems with Amazon Product Listing Translations
- Not written from your customer perspective or for the Japanese mindset
- Not researched
- Become long and wordy
- Poorly translated – lazy
- Unnatural language not appropriate for Amazon
- Not quality copywriting.
A translator thinks “I am translating this for my client, that’s what I have been asked to do”. They are not thinking I am writing this to draw attention, highlight the benefits and have it convert. They are not writing for the Japanese Amazon customer. They are translating for their Gaijin client – who doesn’t know any better.
You must understand that most translators don’t understand marketing and copywriting. And most translators don’t sell on Amazon, so they don’t understand the business.
Who should write Your Amazon Listing?
A native Japanese who
- understands Amazon
- understands Marketing
- understand the importance of Keyword Research
- will take the time to do the keyword research
Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Go cheap and you’ll get a crap listing. A poor listing it will affect your exposure and ultimately sales on Amazon Japan.
Check out our Amazon Product Listing service. We will write your listing from scratch, and ensure it is optimised and crafted to convert.